Saturday, March 21, 2015

No Accident

A friend of mine recently posted the following quote:


I really started thinking about that as oftentimes and more so recently, I have questioned whether I am doing what I am supposed to be doing. Interestingly enough, I have been working with at risk high school students, trying to help them improve their reading skills.  Now, the "at risk" would be enough, but then you bring in the reading, and sometimes that spells "disaster".  Many of them are "at risk" because of their reading and writing abilities, and many of them for other reasons.  I have questioned myself as to whether I can make a difference and if I have made a difference.  As my time working with this particular group of students and staff comes to an end, I still have questions about how I ended up there.  It's not a place I probably would have chosen earlier in my career.  But, the job was there staring me in the face, and I took a chance.

I have grown to love those students (even on their worst days) and while I will never know what my real purpose was for spending two years of my life there, I know it was not an accident.  I believe that God always has a reason and purpose for placing us where he does..



So, as my time comes to an end over the next two months, I've decided not to any longer question as to whether or not I made a difference or why I ended up there, but just to be grateful for the people whose paths have crossed mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment